Shane and Amy Bugbee offer a multimedia presentation that can adjust to any space or event, captivating the audience with a variety of videos, photos, stories, excerpts from the book, live interviews with project participants, and they welcome questions from the audience.
The Presentation Includes:
• Learn how to survive and thrive for a year on the road, leaving with only $180.
• Find out the secrets to controlling your own destiny.
• Hear stories of staying with strangers you’ve met on craigslist while trading your wife/husband for a meal.
• Find out how to spend a year crammed in a car and still like your companions when it’s over.
• Tricks to trick folks into accepting your dog and turtle travel companions!
• Gain new perspectives and become winners at life.
• Find out how to survive a modern day witch burning.
• Learn how to make lemonade when life gives you lemons.
Shane and Amy Bugbee present an informative, edgy, and entertaining look at the fabric of America. Their book and movie resides in a class well above the typical travel tale, this was not a week hiking in the Himalayas, or a group tour of Italy, this is a journey few can or would take.
The subjects tackled on their road trip project cover a variety of topics – All the things we are told not to discuss in polite company – yet were the very same topics their subjects were eager to honestly talk about. Shane and Amy Bugbee can gear their discussion or display into highlight subjects such as art, religion, politics, revolution, free speech, capitalism, and Americana. They are comfortable in a modern art museum, a lowbrow gallery, a college, a folk coffeehouse, or a punk rock club.
Shane and Amy Bugbee come from under the underground, from outside the outsiders. They are conceptual artists and social commentators of the highest degree, but not from the ivy league, they are from the trailer park and the factory. Had they gone to the “right” school or come from the “right” zip code their plight and their view would be different. Then again, the stories they acquired never would have been told if anyone else was asking. Shane’s lack of pretense, and the couple’s overall understanding of the lower classes and subcultures allowed them a look inside a world which polished filmmakers and snooty scholars would never be allowed.
They offer a great social study of America.
To host a presentation, screening, exhibit or reading, call 360-244-1662 or email: email@example.com.
Here’s a sample of the video we show during our presentation: http://vimeo.com/58028258